History of McCarthy Catholic College
McCarthy Catholic College was formed in 2000 with the amalgamation of Our Lady of the Rosary College (Years 7 to 10) and McCarthy Catholic Senior High School (Years 11 & 12). All students (Years 7 to 12) were finally together on the Tribe Street site by 2004.
McCarthy Catholic College was named after Rev Fr Timothy McCarthy, who was the first resident priest in the New England region (1853 -1864).
McCarthy Catholic College continues the traditions in Catholic education of the Dominican Sisters and Christian Brothers who contributed significantly to the culture and growth of both the former colleges.